David Billington

Default Thanks for the tip on the HP32 calculator!

Is that HP 32 reverse polish notation. I have used a RPN HP since about
1977 and using the common ones really screws me up. My HP 11C from 1982
is still going strong and only on the 3rd set of batteries. I lost it
once at a college and 1st lecture back the following year the lecturer
asks if it belonged to anyone so I got it back. On speaking to the
technitions at the college who found it they said it looked like a real
good calculator and would have kept it if they could figure out how it
worked.

Aaron Kushner wrote:

A few weeks ago, someone suggested using the HP32SII calculator for
its fraction capabilities. Thanks for the great suggestion! I've
had that calculator for seven years and never realized it could do
fractions. I was making 12 drawers for cabinets last night and used
the calculator extensively.

Too bad those calculators aren't made anymore. Very sad.
Evidently, those calculators are one of the few pieces of
electronics that seem to have gotten more expensive as they've
aged. I can't give away the Sparc Center 1000 in my garage - it
was a $120,000 box at one time.

Regards,
Aaron