Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
jasen jasen is offline

Default Oh my! Nostalgia!

On 2007-03-20, Lord Garth wrote:

"Joerg" wrote in message
et...

That's because this amp has what we used to call a "white knuckle
supply". Three cascade stages to get to about 930 volts without a
transformer. Here in the US this doesn't work because the 240V we have
for ovens, A/C or dryers is just the two phases. Each side is 120V to
ground so you'd need a large iso transformer.

So you have 230 volts phase to phase? 3 phase 120 volt yields 208 phase to
phase.
Was your home supplied with 3 phase power?

Much of the world has 230 phase to neutral.

Bye.
Jasen