Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Kevin Brooks Kevin Brooks is offline

Default Diodes /N CD4040 how

I am trying to divide a 2048 Hz clock pulse to 10.5Hz. Based on info
obtained so far, I have a CD4040 wired as follows to make the divisors
additive.

Clock into pin 10. Diodes connected to pins 9, 7, 4 and 13. The anodes
all go to reset pin 11. Pin 11 has a 1M pull-up to Vdd. According to
the data sheet, the corresponding divisors are 1, 2, 64 and 128. That
ads to 195. 2048/195=10.5, or so it would seem.

There is a nice squarewave on the scope. However, the frequency
reading at the most significant digit output (pin 13) is 16Hz.

Can someone please tell me what I am missing here?

Kevin Brooks