Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Ribbon conductor needed

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:39:28 +1100, Mark Kelepouris wrote:

Hello all,
I need to have a ribbon type of conductor manufactured. It's the kind
commonly seen in small electronic devices, connecting one circuit board
another etc.
The one I have is 30mm long but I wish it to be at least 200mm long. Can
anyone steer me in the right direction?

(see pic attached)

Extending what you have wouldn't be hard, merely tedious.

No, I think it would be 'really bloody hard' each copper trace is only
approx. 0.13mm wide! and given that wire wrap is 0.26mm, probably nervous
breakdown material if at all possible.

Oh. Eek. :-/

But it looks like a PCI connector - will the extra length mess with your
timing?

It's an interconnect from the CCD chips board to the main board in a digital
camera.

That grey box is only a flat kind of ferrite noise suppress thing commonly
seen on these sort data carriers.

btw, what I am attempting to do is put the CCD at the focal point of an
eight inch telescope mirror.

OK, then you're already out of my league. :-) (good microphotograph,
however. ;-) )

All I can think of in that case is to have one custom-made.

Sorry,
Rich