Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default A better mic preamp

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:37:35 GMT, "Genome"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

[snip]

Oooooey, patoooey! What's the gain ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Sigh, bearing in mind that I am not Gods gift to my own arsehole, before I
waste my head figuring out the wrong answer....... was I close about the
reduction in re (hre?) by the compound connection of the transistors? Am I
even close about gm being 1/re.

You did have a larf at my analysis in the other place didn't you.

I could get worried about coming up with a 'complicated' equation like Fred.

I don't know (remember/didn't pay attention to) this stuff so I've got to do
it from my own concept of first principles and it'll still end up half
arsed.

DNA

The compound device, as you've applied it, has an _effective_ re of
approximately....

re(NPN)/beta(PNP)

So you need to stick some real R in there.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |