Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Compressed air driven fans

On Aug 4, 9:05 pm, john wrote:
ATP* wrote:
wrote in message
roups.com...

I was visiting my Amish friend today. He has several ceiling fans and
a pedistal fan run with air motors. One has a Sproul W16-10 motor
that has 6 cylinders and a swash plate design. The others have
oscilating cylinder, single cylinder units. Another has a Gast and
Thompson direct drive motors. Google searches have not yielded
anything. Do any of you have any manufacturer information? These are
made in Pensylvania and are popular in the Amish Community there as
well.

Bob

One of those Amish loopholes? How do they generate the compressed air to
drive the fans?

The Amish loophole that I admired was a modern piece of farm machinery
being pulled by a team of horses with a 350 chev. engine mounted on the
drawbar driving the pto shaft. They should think of going into politics.

John- Hide quoted text -

Politics and religion are one in the same...just different names.

TMT