Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
azotic azotic is offline

Default Home brew 3 phase VFD ?

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
azotic wrote:

I do have some comercial VFD"s and a couple of 3-Phase motors, and your
right
comparison is always a good idea. At this time i want to learn thru
doing, time and
cost are not a factor when have fun.

Definitely check out International Rectifier. They have a bunch of
reference designs and kits for making VFDs in a variety of sizes. These
are for both PM and induction motors. The reference designs can be bought
with PC boards, but the published data sheets on them have not only
schematics but PC board layouts for you to study.

Jon

I visit IR on a regular basis, in particular i like thier app notes on
mosfet
push-pull designs. Seems that it may be possible to generate sine waves
of sufficiant power to drive small motors. I will be experimenting with that
concept down the road. Microchip also has some usefull app notes.

Best Regards
Tom.