Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Garbage Disposal Broken?

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 22:02:22 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message
To clean it, and sharpen the "knives" inside the
unit, throw some ice down the sink with running
water. The swirling ice is like Brillo to the throat
area and resharpens the grinders. You can do

Really? You can sharpen steel with ice?

So you can sharpen steel with ice?

I'm not sure exactly what the ice does, but I've seen some run better after
such a treatment. My guess is that there is some sort of cleaning action by
hardening gunk in there as there is no blade to sharpen. I knew a guy that

OK.

swore the best thing you could do is drop a beer bottle in there once a
year.

How many beers had he had when he said that?