Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

Default Breaker on #6 copper

Doug Miller wrote:

In article AW%si.115$zg3.49@trnddc04, M Q wrote:

Wrong. Please familiarize yourself with the NEC before attempting to answer
electrical questions.

A 60A breaker is perfectly fine:

"Devices Rated 800 Amperes or Less. The next higher standard overcurrent
device rating (above the ampacity of the conductors being protected) shall be
permitted to be used, provided all of the following conditions are met ..."
[2005 NEC, Article 240.4(B)]

The conditions can be summarized as not a multiple-receptacle circuit, no
matching standard breaker, and next size up not 800A.

Mea Culpa. I was wrong on two points. Thanks for correcting me.

I will now slink off with my tail between my legs.