Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Dura Vic Dura is offline

Default Blacktop/Concrete seam - How to seal or caulk?

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 11:41:58 -0700, wrote Re
Blacktop/Concrete seam - How to seal or caulk?:

I have a seam between a blacktop driveway and
a concrete wall where all of the caulking material
is coming loose.

The concrete/asphalt gap is like 1/2" and the seam
is 8 feet long. Behind the seam there is a fairly
large space in the dirt, consider a cylinder 3/4" in
diameter the length of the seam.

Any ideas what I should caulk or seal this gap with?

Fill the seam with pea gravel to about 1/4" from top. Then fill the
top 1/4" with asphalt sealer such as this
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml?originalValue=asphalt+cement&L2 =Blacktop&operator=prodIndexRefinementSearch&L1=Fi llers%2C

Pack the gravel down before covering with sealer.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.