Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Wade Lippman Wade Lippman is offline

Default Dust collection on a lathe?

My lathe is in the garage because I don't have room for it in my shop.

I just upgraded from a 2hp canister DC to a cyclone. I have been trying to
sell the DC for $225 for a month now, and I had to get it out of the shop to
make way for a new bandsaw. I was planning on pulling the motor and
scrapping the rest, but then thought about using it on the lathe. So I gave
away an old refrigerator next to the lathe and put the DC there. Haven't
tried it yet, as I still have to put in a 240v circuit in for it.

Now someone wants to buy the DC, but I have kinda gotten attached to the
idea of using it with the lathe.
How well does dust collection work on lathes? I don't wear hearing
protection now, but would have to with the DC running; and that isn't
attractive.
Should I use it or sell it?