Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus12500 Ignoramus12500 is offline

Default Home brew 3 phase VFD ?

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 09:11:30 -0700, azotic wrote:

Thanks for the tip, the rotary phase converters don't have the
flexability i want and are to noisy for me. I was thinking about
using one of my old note book computers interfaced to some power
semiconductors and hopefully end up with a user programable vfd.

Do not underestimate the cost of this project, and you will end up
with something rather substandard. But it is fun.

For example, single phase input rated, 1 horsepower VFDs can be bought
on eBay for about $47 plus $12 shipping. It is hard to beat that.