Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
azotic azotic is offline

Default Home brew 3 phase VFD ?

"BobH" wrote in message
azotic wrote:
Anybody hear ever try to build a 3 phase vfd ?

I am in the mood to build something that i could buy ready made cheaper.

Best Regards
Tom.

I think that most people wanting to build 3 phase sources build the rotary
converters.

If you were going to build a 3 phase VFD I would suggest taking a look at
the Freescale DSP56F807 microcontroller. It has a great PWM generator
designed for stuff like this. I have used (underused?) the PWM generator
for DC motor drives, and it is really capable.

Good Luck,
Bob

Thanks for the tip, the rotary phase converters don't have the flexability i
want
and are to noisy for me. I was thinking about using one of my old note book
computers interfaced to some power semiconductors and hopefully end up with
a user
programable vfd.

Best Regards
Tom.