Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock Brian Sharrock is offline

Default Boundary line

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
Simon wrote:
Hi there,

My semi has a small caol shed which is mirrired on my attached
neighbour's side. They are now extedning the coal shed slighly further
down the garden - approx 3 ft further and the foundations that have
gone in will put the new wall about 3inches over onto my side. They
called me roungd just now to check if I was ok about it - I'm happy
for them to do this as it's a big garden and not a problem to me, but
are there any legal ramifications - may this become a problem in the
future when I come to sell my house?

Any advice appreciated!

Get it all formally documented and the deeds/land registry entries
amended. Do a search on the Party Wall Act. Your neigbour should bear all
the legal costs.

Peter Crosland

AIUI; the "new wall" should_not_ protrude beyond the boundary line onto your
property.
With agreement; it's OK for the footings to extend into your property - with
your permission - but the wall should not go beyond your property line. If
nothing occurs then after twelve? years the neighbours (may not be the same
people) will have gained your property by 'adverse possession.

--

Brian