Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Crosland Peter Crosland is offline

Default Boundary line

Simon wrote:
Hi there,

My semi has a small caol shed which is mirrired on my attached
neighbour's side. They are now extedning the coal shed slighly further
down the garden - approx 3 ft further and the foundations that have
gone in will put the new wall about 3inches over onto my side. They
called me roungd just now to check if I was ok about it - I'm happy
for them to do this as it's a big garden and not a problem to me, but
are there any legal ramifications - may this become a problem in the
future when I come to sell my house?

Any advice appreciated!

Get it all formally documented and the deeds/land registry entries amended.
Do a search on the Party Wall Act. Your neigbour should bear all the legal
costs.

Peter Crosland