Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Sears Craftsman Lawnmower Breaks on Third Use

I think it would help everyone if you would tell how large the
root was. If this is Cypress knee or a Silver Maple surface root
would be quite different than a piece of roof the size of a pencil
from planting a flower bed.

You can always take the unit to Sears to see what they say.
Driving a car into a telephone pole is not a warranty item.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently purchased a Sears Craftsman 19" Electric Lawnmower
(the
type with a cord). On its third use (my son was mowing), the
blade
hit a root and tore into the plastic housing, stuck there and
stopped.

Is this type of disaster eligible for warranty repair? It
seems
pretty poor design if a small irregularity like a root could
cause
this kind of damage.

South Carolina mom