Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca clare at snyder.on.ca is offline

Default Metalworking in Canadian bush

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 04:57:41 GMT, Trevor Jones

On Aug 2, 8:00 pm, Larry Jaques wrote:

Take a spool of bailing wire next time. Wrap it twice around the hose
and twist the ends with a pair of pliers to form a perfect hose clamp
which will last for a decade or more.

Say, Larry. Where does one get a spool of bailing wire? Many, many
years ago I worked the back end of a hay bailer or two that used wire.
The wire came from a long cardboard tube and was straight as an arrow
till you put it into the divider board slots and it was pressed back
through the machine.

I haven't seen any new bailing wire in many years.

Best regards from Oregon
Paul

Baling wire! Bales of hay! Bailing is what you have to do if you build
a leaky boat!

:-)

Look for black iron wire at the hardware store. I have even seen
spools of it in the Borg Depot stores.

Usually pretty close to the concrete tools.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Safety wire is better for the application. Often stainless. Better
than "mechanics wire" which is the black crap.