Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard J Kinch Richard J Kinch is offline

Default Is a 215-lb. safe too heavy to wheel into an apartment building by myself?

Richard J Kinch writes:

I am not even strong and I can move 215 lbs objects all day long.

You can't move a dense object with no handles like an appliance or a
piece of furniture.

I didn't say that clearly.

A dense object like a safe, with no handles, is impossible to lift and move
without tools. One trick is to clamp handles on it for leverage and for
multiple persons to assist with. I guarantee you'd never lift a 215 lb
cube of solid gold, even if you're an Olympic champion.

An heavy appliance or piece of furniture can be tipped and budged with
wheels an no other tools. Much different than a dense safe.