Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Default sticky-fingers repairman

On Aug 1, 1:49 pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
"Toller" wrote :
OTOH,at my workplace,several expensive items disappeared,like a VCR,a
Variac,a TI calculator(all from my bench!). I asked around,and none of the
salesmen or coworkers borrowed them. It turned out other people were also
missing items,and the officer manager was missing some money from the petty
cash drawer.I suspected the cleaning people,and so set up a hidden video
camera in my work area.After a week or so,I replayed the previous
night's tape one morning,and there they were,opening up one of my bench
drawers,rummaging thru it,and taking something out and putting it in their
garbage can. My office manager was SURE that it was not the cleaning
people....until I showed her the tape. The property manager came,viewed
it,and immediately fired the entire cleaning crew.One of the thieves
contested his firing,so a copy of the tape was made and given to the
lawyers,never heard any more on it.
My dumbass company never bothered to seek reimbursement for the VCR and
Variac,even though the cleaners were bonded.

I saw an HR security training tape once which purported to be an
actual time lapse tape of somebody's office during the offhours. Geez,
the amount of use the night crew made of that office was more than the
legitimate owner did.