Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
GreenGA GreenGA is offline

Default Hanging a sign

On Aug 1, 12:36 pm, SparkyGuy wrote:
As for how much to stand-off the sign from the wall... In our
situations, we did not need to worry about "code". If the sign was
legal where it was to be mounted, we just made sure there was enough
room that anything that got behind the sign would not get caught, yet
close enough to discourage birds from nesting and to allow the sign to
"look good".

Thanks, GGA. Lots of good ideas here.

In your experience, do your customers typically pull a building permit for
such a sign? (Note that I'm not asking if they *should* pull a permit...)

Thanks,
Sparky

In over four years I know of only 1 permit that was pulled. That does
not mean the customers did not pull a permit but did not tell us.
However, it "was" our responsibilty to know the law.