Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken Weitzel Ken Weitzel is offline

Default no display on monitor

Meat Plow wrote:
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 17:36:43 +0000, Beemer wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
| On Aug 3, 4:33 am, "Beemer" wrote:
| wrote in message
|
| oups.com...
| | Hi,
| | After installing a new dvd burner, my monitor is showing nothing after
| | turn on the pc. The hdd, ram, mother board should work fine since I
| | can here the sound when windows start. The monitor light is flashing
| | on green. Is my video card dead? Thanks for your help.
| |
| |
| Find a friend with a laptop, select external display and connect your
the
| display to it. This will point the way to whether it is your display
or
| computer that has the problem.
|
| Beemer
|
| It's definitely sth wrong in pc, not monitor because I connect to
| another monitor and it's same thing. No display. I suspect sth wrong
| with video card since I already unplugged both dvd burner and hard
| drive boots no problem.

You need to post details of your video card and its software driver version,
e.g. is it an ATI

Also if you change the driver to VGA only does the display then work?

How can the OP change the driver if he can't see anything?

Hi...

If in fact it really is starting windows but he just can't see it, then
he can let it start - but power off before windows finishes getting
started. That way he might be able (after a gazillion tries) to boot
into safe mode (which is vga)

Take care.

Ken