Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default THE fastest material removal....

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

No way a bandsaw is as fast as an abrasive chop saw, for similarly
priced units. How big a bandsaw would you need to cut 3/8 x 2" in 10
secs? Much bigger than a 4 x 6, for sure! And that's with a kerf
that's 1/2 that of the chop saw (i.e., 1/2 the volume removed).

We have a surface grinder at work that is permanently set up with a 6"
diameter by 1/32" wide grinding disk. It is my favorite cut off tool for
anything 1".

I think before I will spend money on a 4 x 6" bs, I'd put it toward a
surface grinder and some of those 1/32" wide disks. My uncle down the road
has a saw and work has a few bigger ones.

Wes