SteveB

Default Linde Plasma Needle Arc Welder?

"Al A." wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 05:02:25 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Ive got the opportunity to pick up for nearly nothing or trade..a box
which I believe is a micro-tig unit. The owner called me and asked me
if I wanted it and gave me the info on the front panel

Union Carbide Linde Plasma Needle Arc Welder

SNIP

I worked at a place near 20 years ago, that used these (I don't
recall if they where Linde, however) for fusing together thermocouple
wires for use as temp sensors on jet engines. It was described to me
as "being like a small heli-arc welder. Mostly pretty tiny stuff, and
the "purity" of the joint was important, ie minimal contamination to
form secondary t/c junctions. I never ran one, but they where way up
there on the "Gee-Whiz-cool" factor.

I can't advise as to wether or not you want it, but I would find it
hard to resist. Though I'm not sure what I might use such a thing
for...

-AL

IIRC, they were used to weld titanium aircraft components.

Steve