Posted to misc.consumers.house
Chris Hill Chris Hill is offline

Default Washer and Dryer 15" pedestals - to buy or not to buy?

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 03:53:56 -0700, wrote:

I just ordered a Kenmore Elite (front load) washer and dryer and 15"
pedestals for both. I am curious what others think about the
pedestals. For those of you that have them, are you glad you
purchased them or do you regret it? Any problems with them? For
those of you that do not have them do you wish you did purchase them?

The total cost for both pedestals (including tax) is close to $500. I
only have through 8/3/07 to cancel without being charged a restocking
fee. If I wait and order them later, I will be charged another
delivery and setup fee so I would appreciate any advise anyone can
give me to help me decide what to do.

I appreciate any advise and guidance on this subject.

The front loaders are pretty low without them. I don't have one on
the dryer, because I didn't replace it at the time. The one for the
washer is nice, though. I think the price ($200 for mine) was too
high, and I probably could have built something just as sturdy for $50
worth of wood and a little time, but there is always a price for
laziness.