Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How do I Stop a Barking God?

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 10:00:30 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Did you hear about the dyslexic Unitarian? Can't decide if there
is a dog.

Did you hear about the agnostic dyslexic insomniac?

Stayed up all night wondering if there is a dog.

I told this about 15 years ago to a couple girls who were about 30,
when I was 45. I think I offended them; I'd guess it was the dyslexic
part. They didn't seem to make a distinction between unfunny jokes,
which might well be offensive, and funny ones, which rarely are, even
if the possibly offensive line is the same.

Why weren't they offended by my total disrepsect for insomniacs and
agnostics? I should have asked them. But then it turned out that the
one who invited me for dinner was moving out of town in a month
anyhow. She just wanted to practice dinner or something.

More seriously, you could take your prayer beads, rosary, and
crucifix. Go to the God and have a little chit chat. Bring a few
burnt offerings laced with sedative.