Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default A question for the gun experts

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 01:53:25 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

Having a normal bullet and a wee dab of powder sounds like a CB.

Just found an empty box in a drawer. It must have been there since the
60s!
It has " C I L Superclean B. B. Caps" printed on the box.

Steve R.

Sounds like a BB cap to me!

In the following article, it is stated that the original BB caps were primer
only. The later CB or conical bullet had just a pinch of powder. (I'm sure
it was specifically measured, but in this article, it is referred to as a
"pinch.")

It is stated that the BB caps were DESIGNED for shooting gallery use.

All together, (I thought) an informative site for .22 bullet information.
Particularly when they get down to the Winchester Rimfire Magnum
development. Also info on the #12 shot "bird or rat shot" rounds.

Steve

Following article?