Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] websurf1@cox.net is offline

Default what if I don't use a dehumidifier in basement?

On Aug 2, 2:05 pm, Joe wrote:
On Aug 2, 4:27 pm, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message

roups.com...

so should I run the dehumdifier non-stop or is a couple of times a day
enough to keep mold at bay?

Decide what level of basement humidity you want:
then run the dehumidifier for as many hours per day
as will reduce the actual level to your target level.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Well I ran it for an hour this morning and it brought the level down
to 60%. then I ran it a couple of hours later and it was back up to
80%. Just wondering how long it takes for the humidity to build up.
For the record it's a very hot day - 93 degrees.

It might help to know where you live, and what the climate is. Do
you have regular air conditioning?
If you are in a dryer climate, perhaps all you need to do is ventilate
the basement. If you are in a hot/damp climate, your regualar AC
might be modified to pull the moisture out.

Where is the moisture coming from? Retrofitting a basement to keep
out moisture might not be easy, but at least it's an option.