Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Tim is offline

Default no display on monitor

In article , says...
On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 22:20:29 +0000, Ken Weitzel wrote:

wrote:
Hi,
After installing a new dvd burner, my monitor is showing nothing after
turn on the pc. The hdd, ram, mother board should work fine since I
can here the sound when windows start. The monitor light is flashing
on green. Is my video card dead? Thanks for your help.

Hi...

During your install job you may have accidentally knocked the video
card slightly out of its socket.. ?

Wouldn't even boot.

Or perhaps the vga cable from the back of the case?

More likely. Also check if present the plug into the monitor.

Actually, if the card was partially removed it would still boot, but
have no video, and no error beeps either. I used to get that a lot when
the cheap cases where around. The people would just pick up the case and
poof, the cards would partially dislodge, giving that symptom. This
especially true of PCI and older AGP cards.