Posted to rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,sci.electronics.repair
clifto clifto is offline

Default What makes this happen on a projection tv?

Mr. Land wrote:
On Jul 28, 8:14 am, TMI wrote:
Dear Art,

I bought out most of the surplus from Advent and installed the first
1000A in a bar in NYC so I've been at this a while too.

Wow, are you talking about the old Advent projectors, white, stand in
the middle of the floor, looks a little like R2D2, has dozens of plug-
in boards inside, runs the tubes at around 50KV? I used to work on
those!!!

I serviced a few myself. I remember best the one on the fifty-something
floor of Lake Point Towers in Chicago. I had to "phone home", and the
customer's phone was on a three-foot cord plugged into a jack right by
an extremely large plate-glass window. My acrophobia insisted that I
crawl on hands and knees to the phone and keep my call short.

--
"Liberals used to be the ones who argued that sending U.S. troops abroad
was a small price to pay to stop genocide; now they argue that genocide