Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Russian garages

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 18:05:25 -0700, curly
wrote:

On Aug 2, 2:21 pm, Ignoramus31088 ignoramus31...@NOSPAM.
31088.invalid wrote:
On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 15:15:48 -0400, Wes wrote:
" wrote:

Hello all,

I found an interesting story on the BBC website. It was about how
Russian men build garages and how this is a mystery to women. Here is
the link:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6927395.stm

Try:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...ss_murmansk0s_...

Excellent link. I wonder if Iggy has vodka and pickles in his?

Wes

Not vodka, but I have a fridge in the garage, and am just about to set
up a computer there.

Those guys are living the dream. I can only hope to one day have a
sauna in my garage. A lot of what I do also seems to be a mystery to
my wife, but she is pretty tolerant anyhow.

Three weeks ago we attended the "wake" for my wife's brother, held in
his "garage". When he started his plumbing business, he converted his
single garage to an office (there was no space available in his small
home) and added a workshop behind, including furnace, indoor plumbing,
etc. After turning the business over to his son, the "office"
underwent further modification. These Russians had nothing on him
except perhaps some still have room for a car.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada