Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Have you ever needed to machine copper

"Why" wrote in message

I need to replace the belt on my South Bend. It's around 40 years old and
getting a little tired.

I have leather belting & clips & the clip fixture in 2" 2/1/2" & 3"
Plus the newer belting, let me know & I can usps some to you, just
return the stuff when done. Email is the same for years. Let me know.
Just need to know how long your belt is to see if I have one that
long, & the size wide.

Dave, that's one heck of a generous offer. I'll measure things tomorrow and
get back to you. What kind of glue do you use for the splice?

If you work for Big Pharma, you know which drugs to take to make it all
better. The one I was working on until a few months ago, which had been
under development for around ten years, was scheduled to be approved by
the
FDA last month. They decided not to approve it. Boo-hoo. There's another
$2
Billion down the drain... A few billion here, a few billion there, and
pretty soon it adds up to real money.

They didn't bribe enough like they did on the senior drug bill? I
watched that live.

Heh, heh. Pretty slick, eh? All that nice government money for Medicare Part
D, and no haggling over the price. Katy bar the doors, it's money from
heaven, and the Lord does provide for Republican donors.

Hey, this was tuna from the Hudson Canyon. US-made tuna, yessirree.

But china can import it cheaper , to hell if you get sick...

No discount tuna for this guy. Considering what went into catching it, I
figure the price at around $50/pound. Don't tell my wife.

Speaking of fishing, I developed really bad rotator-cuff tendonitis last
fall, and it's been hurting like hell. Fortunately I found the perfect
exercise for it: fly casting. Yup, it works everything in just the right
way, and I feel better by the day. I try to go fly fishing twice a day when
I can, for therapy, of course, and I'll bet I can write it off on my taxes.

--
Ed Huntress