Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Metalcutter Metalcutter is offline

Default THE fastest material removal....

On Aug 2, 6:45 am, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:
Awl--

Volume-wise, of course.
Opinions?

I read some time ago somewhere that it was drilling.

This surprised me, as I thought the drill point, being essentially zero sfm,
would act as a limiting factor.
Intuitively I figgered it would be lathe turning, as the tool is moving
along a large surface, so chip removal is almost a non-issue, and coolant is
"more effective" than it would be on a buried cutter, and here the tool is
essentially never buried, etc.

But mebbe it could be something like a large-kerf circular saw blade?
Mebbe a saw blade moving along like a Dumont grinder on a lathe??
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

Maybe they were talking about rotating tools. ??

Stan-