Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Speaking of coupons (minor gloat?)

Take a look at Leigjigs.com . Leigh sells all kinds of adapters to accept
PC style guide bushings. I bought the adapter for my 1617evs from Leigh to
use the Leigh/PC style guide bushings.

If you call them they will tell you exactly what you need.

"Dave in Houston" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
news
I have had the bigger Triton router hanging upside down for about 2 or 4
years now and if the reliability is still the same you have nothing to
worry about. Mine retired a Bosch that had been hanging since 1988. I
did not go blindly when choosing a replacement for a still working Bosch.
I wanted a router that could be easily adjusted accurately and have
above the table bit changes.
The Triton has become a very popular brand router these days.

Likewise, the old Bosch 1604 still goes round and round. It just won't
take the PC guide bushings which I require to use with [sound of clearing
throat] my PC dovetail jig (4216 which is the 4212 with an additional
template).
The 1604 will now become my fulltime jobsite router not that I use one
on the jobsite that often. Unless, of course, the situation calls for a
plunge in which case the Triton packages very neatly into it's case.
I looked and came close to springing for the 1617EVS package while I
was at Rockler's on Saturday. But, I realized that it, too, won't accept
the PC guide bushings. I may yet try Circle Jerk, er-r-r-r, Circle Saw to
see if they have an adaptor for the 1604 base plate. It would be a small
investment and expand the capabilities of the 1604. Come to think of it,
that's what I started out to acquire when I left the house Saturday! Doh!
Then again, Circle Saw isn't open on Saturdays. But, you knew that.
--
NuWave Dave in Houston