Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Have you ever needed to machine copper

"Why" wrote in message

Some copper alloys are surprisingly abrasive. I don't know if it's
precipitates or what. I used to know, but then I forgot...

Copper does really cost, which you notice when you pay for a bunch of
barstock or solids. Man, it adds up in a hurry.

Still run the 1942 Brownies

They'll outlast you, Dave, especially since you run them on boiling oil
and
brimstone...er, oil and sulfur. You may run out of cows for drive belts,

Naw, I have 75 feet of drive belts, I haven't had to change any in 20
yrs (guess made from good TX cows). But china will make more.

however, if global warming turns Texas into a frying pan. It'll be grilled
hamburger from border to border.

Well ED I don't believe any of that, in 1974 we were going to freeze
to death, remember that while waiting in the gas line?

Dave, do you remember Pascal's Wager? He didn't know if there is a God, but
he thought it would be a good idea to act as if there is one, just in case.

It's the same thing with global warming. Do what I'm doing: I'm hedging by
investing in water wings and beach umbrellas. Which reminds me -- is anybody
in the market for some sub-zero sleeping bags? They're going cheap, and
haven't been used since 1974.

Hey the big money is in selling "carbon credits" the latest scam to
separate stupid people from their money, it's going to be better than
big Pharma can do G. I did put up some solar outside lights , where
do I get paid my money, or does that give me a free pass driving my
400HP+ hot rods?

One hot rod, 2,000 solar lights. It's a fair trade.

I saw a neat project on Hot Rod TV last week: a 1970 Chevelle with a 1200-hp
small-block (but 650-some cubic inches; some small-block)engine that runs on
propane. They call the car "Pro-Pane." Clever, huh?

--
Ed Huntress