Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_2_] Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_2_] is offline

Default Have you ever needed to machine copper

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Sharp chewing gum it is. g

However, I don't know how you'd harden the copper, unless it was some
alloy
that can be heat treated or whatever. Pure copper, and most alloys, can
only
be work-hardened. Their hardest state usually is the condition they come
in,
right from the mill. The trick is to leave them in that state.

I used it in the factory condition.

The "sharp chewing gum" thing brought back an old memory of my Dad.

He taught me the secret to working with copper roof flashing --

"Son, there's a simple secret to working copper flashing. Don't bleed to
death."

LLoyd