Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default sticky-fingers repairman

"George Becker" wrote in message
"Humor me: What was he working on? "

He was replacing circuit board components to correct an out-of-control
temperature in the refrigerator section of our new Samsung (just out of
warranty). It would vary from 24 to 38 degrees in a 3-day cycle and freeze
the water dispenser water tube. He just replaced parts and didn't even use

multitester.

I'm not saying it's the correct thing to do (and I wouldn't like it if it
happened), but maybe he used yours to save a trip? Then threw it in his bag
by mistake?

I would call the company and ask if he might have picked it up. If you do
happen to find it later, you can call them back and tell them (the same
person) you found it. But to let it go (if you really think he's got it) is
just letting a potential theft 'get away with it'.

I'm a business owner and I would want to know if an employee was a potential
thief. You can't know something that goes unreported!!! Like the other
poster said, if the owner/manager gets more reports... they will have a
record of previous calls.