Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default OT sort of; bottled water

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Jonesie" wrote in message

We have suffered some major floods in our area which made it necessary to
add more chemicals to our local water that effected the taste and made the
consistency of water quality suspect. Some communities have reported cases
of contamination that required residents to boil drinking water until
further notice. Hospital waste has been washing up on beaches and sewerage
has made its way into reservoirs not to mention threats of intentional
contamination by those new breed of bad guys that have become a tool used
to scare the bejesus out of everyone.

Bottled water may rise to $3.00 a gallon but I will still prefer it over
any public water source that will meet the standards set that can be much
lower then what might be acceptable to me. What is wrong with treating it
like any other beverage like Coke or Pepsi?

So where does your bottled water come from? The same sources that have the
salt, fertilizer, hospital waste and fish poop that your local source uses.
No way around it. You may have local problems, but that bottle of water you
just bought may have been my urine last week. I use a charcoal filter for
my water.

You seem to loose sight of the fact that the municipal water supply
treats water so that it meets the standards for municipal water, while
the bottling plant takes that municipal water and treats it to a higher
standard for beverage production, a standard that is a good deal higher
than what your charcoal filter will produce.