Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default OT sort of; bottled water

wrote in message
news
On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 17:41:11 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

sylvan butler wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:21:31 GMT, Pete C. wrote:
tap, even if the initial source was the tap, it is significantly
cleaner
biologically. Remember that tap water going into the bottling plant is
filtered, chlorinated, dechlorinated and reverse osmosis filtered, all
the while passing through piping systems that are sanitized with
chlorinated water several times per shift along with the bottling line

At least, that is what they want you to think you are paying for... You
should read the test results on bottled water sometime. Some are good.
Many are not so good.

I'm not interested in bogus "test result" propaganda put out by the
loony groups opposed to bottled water. I've spent days at a Coca Cola
bottling plant and know full well how their products are produced.

As long as you understand drinking bottled water is analogous to
drinking a coke or a beer it is not confusing.
Drinking bottled water around the house is silly if your tap water is
drinkable but on the road it is just a soft drink, that is better for
you than sugar water or the chemical equivilent in a "diet" drink..

That's how I view it. I bottle of water every month or so to obtain the
bottle, then refill it as needed. Toss bottle after while to prevent alge,
mold, and bacterial growth.