Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT sort of; bottled water

"mm" wrote in message

At the steel mill, the guys in the hot mills used to take salt
tablets. I think they took them as they felt they needed them, from a
dispenser on the wall, but maybe there was a minimum on hot days.

I have this vague feeling that they stopped doing that 10 or 20 years
ago, or someone claimed that they should do something else instead,
but I don't remember.

I remember the salt tablet dispensers where I used to work over 30 years
ago. Today, most people take in too much salt under normal conditions and
it was causing more problems with high blood pressure, etc. Now the
Gatorade and similar drinks is the way to go.