Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Replacing a stubborn shower head

On Aug 1, 6:53 pm, hoonsuk wrote:
Hi all,

I moved into an older apartment and I'm trying to replace my shower

Have you tried the 2 big pipe wrenches approach. You will likely scar
the crap out of the
pipe between the wall and the head, but if you are careful not to over
stress the pipe inside the wall,
You should be able to gorilla it off.

head with a hand-held one. The problem is that the shower head is
basically just a round ball which snaps into a ball-and-socket joint.
I need to unscrew the "ball" so that I can screw on my replacement
shower head, but it seems to have been glued in place. I considered
replacing the whole pipe leading into the wall, but that's been glued
as well.

Is there something I can use to dissolve the glue and remove the
"ball" shower head? I've used Goof Off, but it's not strong enough.
Any tips on how I can get the "ball" shower head unscrewed?

Thanks,

Hoonsuk