Posted to alt.home.repair
hoonsuk hoonsuk is offline

Default Replacing a stubborn shower head

Hi all,

I moved into an older apartment and I'm trying to replace my shower
head with a hand-held one. The problem is that the shower head is
basically just a round ball which snaps into a ball-and-socket joint.
I need to unscrew the "ball" so that I can screw on my replacement
shower head, but it seems to have been glued in place. I considered
replacing the whole pipe leading into the wall, but that's been glued
as well.

Is there something I can use to dissolve the glue and remove the
"ball" shower head? I've used Goof Off, but it's not strong enough.
Any tips on how I can get the "ball" shower head unscrewed?

Thanks,

Hoonsuk