Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawm mower stalls

Run with the gas cap loosened about 1/4 turn, see if that helps.

My couple thoughts were
* Bad motor oil, as strange as that sounds.
* Valve clearance problem, if it's an older motor
* Ignition coil going bad

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
: Well, strange as it may seem, I may agree with the gas cap
theory. I
: had thought of that before. Everytime I take the gas cap off,
it
: seems to run for awhile and then stall. It seems to me that as
the
: fuel level goes down, there has to be a means to prevent a
vacuum from
: disrupting the fuel flow. Could it be a bad gas cap? I'd run
it
: without one as a test but don't like the idea of gas splashing
out of
: the tank onto the hot engine.
: