Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Tsao Chris Tsao is offline

Default Is a 215-lb. safe too heavy to wheel into an apartment building by myself?

On Aug 1, 6:16 pm, Frank frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:
Chris Tsao wrote:

I want to thank everyone for your help. A rope makes everything more
complicated and I see now from these replies that this is as
physically hard as I suspected and the porters in my building aren't
always around. I will continue browsing other dot.com businesses and
stores' web sites in the hopes of finding another safe I like for the
price I want to spend.

THe company that sells the safe I have my eye on charges $200 as a
delivery fee. They should bring it into my house for charging that
much! After all, lotsa furniture weighs more than that!

215 lb really is nothing. I have dolly, cost less than $50 from Home
Depot, that could handle it. I'm the same age as the other old guy that
gave same response
Frank

I have a handtruck. It's not a heavyduty one, but I think it's strong
enough. I guess I could always call the super on my cellphone if it
isn't strong enough. I could even leave the safe on the street while I
go look for a porter.