Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default AC leaking refrigerant? Not always!

Pete C. wrote:
Alphonse Q Muthafuyer wrote:

Hilarious! LIkely an offshoot of the old R12 fad. Back in
the 60's, one could buy an aerosol can of "glass frosting"
(just R12 in a can), squirt it in a bag and sniff it.
Would fairly knock you for a loop. Got fairly popular.
I got noooooooooooo idea what R22/R410a would do (and don't
ever wanna find out).

When I first read that I pictured the "glass frosting" stuff as
something used to make ordinary glass windows look like frosted glass
ones and wondered how the heck R12 could do that. (For very long at least.)

Then I woke up and realized it must have been a product used to
(temporarily) frost the rims of cocktail or beer glasses.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)