Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
The Davenport's The Davenport's is offline

Default keyways on a mill..?

Yeah, I know about that kind of broach...use them all the time...for the
part I'm looking at, a standard push or pull broach won't work, which is why
I was hoping to find info on the keyway cutter I'd described.

Oh...EDM is not an option...the part is nylon

"BJ" wrote in message
. ..
Lookup keyway broach. Used with press not mill.
-
Bruce

E-mail :

Visit my web-page at :
http://bruce.johnstone.home.comcast.net/

Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed frequently-----and
for
the same reason.

"The Davenport's" wrote in message
So, many years ago, I worked at a shop that, among other things, had an
internal keyway cutter that was used on a vertical mill. Used a shaft
that was the same size as the bore of the part and had a small cutter
mounted at the end...the machine spindle provide the power and thru some
bit of magic, the cutter at the other end turned, cutting the internal
keyway.

My problem now is trying to remember the name of this handy little thing
as I may have a job coming up that would REALLY be able to use it,
asopposed to single pointing a .332 wide keyway 6.3" in a 1.024"dia bore.

Thanks gang,

Mike