Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
The Davenport's The Davenport's is offline

Default keyways on a mill..?

"The Davenport's" wrote in message
So, many years ago, I worked at a shop that, among other things, had an
internal keyway cutter that was used on a vertical mill. Used a shaft that
was the same size as the bore of the part and had a small cutter mounted
at the end...the machine spindle provide the power and thru some bit of
magic, the cutter at the other end turned, cutting the internal keyway.

My problem now is trying to remember the name of this handy little thing
as I may have a job coming up that would REALLY be able to use it,
asopposed to single pointing a .332 wide keyway 6.3" in a 1.024"dia bore.

Thanks gang,

Mike Oh, yeah...the question...does anyone know the name of this item? Or
better yet, does anyone have one laying around thta they want/need to get
rid of?

Thanks