Posted to uk.d-i-y
DJC DJC is offline

Default Sugar Soap -- good enough?

Mr Fuxit wrote:
wise to wear chemical proof gloves when using these products. "Sugar
Soap" is a trade name for finely ground Sodium Carbonate (Washing
Soda). I find that the best results are obtained if the solution is
applied with the type of kitchen sponge that has the green
"Scotchbrite" face; this increases the penetration of the solution. It
is very important that the surface is thoroughly rinsed after using
the solution.

Leyland SDM do decorators versions of the 'Scotchbrite' scourers in 3
grades soft/normal/hard these are much bigger 12"x4" than the kitchen
version. work very well with sugar soap.

Why gloss and Brilliant white, personally I prefer a flatter finish and
a more natural rather than a fluorescent 'whiter than white' look.

--
djc