Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Hull Stephen Hull is offline

Default Sugar Soap -- good enough?

In message
"Andrew Mawson" wrote:

I've totally given up washing gloss paint brushes. At the end of the
day I wrap them tightly in cling film. Next day I smooth them out with
a rag soaked in white spirit and carry on painting. At the end of the
job the brush gets thrown away and a new one bought for the next job.
Saves a huges amount of time and considerable amounts of white spirit.

AWEM

Interesting tip, but I wouldn't like to throw my brushes away as I've
had some of them for over twenty years, although I don't tend to mix
household synthetic oil paints with vehicle coach enamels as the
household paints tend to silt up the stock quite quickly.

I have other brushes reserved only for emulsions, cleaning is a pain but
worth it on expensive brushes, but I do recycle white spirit etc for
future use.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes