Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Copper or brass wire mesh

Solder Wick may suffice.
"N Cook" wrote in message
Stephan Goldstein wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 12:30:01 +0100, "N Cook"
wrote:

I'm thinking of reinforcing solder points on dropper resistors,
subjected

vibration. Forcing a small pad of mesh over the lead and burying in the
solder.
Other than proper suppliers for large quantities, what sort of
shops/conventional applications would use it.?
My local decent hardware shop has nothing , a local machine mart has
expanded brass sheet but that is too coarse. Would there be a
gardening/horticulture use?

Back in the day we used to get small pieces of brass/bronze screen
from autoparts stores. IIRC They were used for a of filter in
automatic transmissions. I don't know if they're still available as
I'm talking ~30 years ago.

steve

Along the way I tried Kingstons auto spares, Southampton and the old boys
in
there know all there is to know about car bits and could not help.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England