Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Anthony Anthony is offline

Default Have you ever needed to machine copper

"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

One suggestion: don't anneal it until after you machine it, whatever
you do. You will pay for it in utter misery.

I was involved in machining 2000 cylindrical electrical connectors,
1-1/4" diameter and 3" long, once upon a time. The harder the copper
is, the better.

It machines really nice with PCD tooling. I used to size printing
cylinders right out of the copper plating bath, prior to engraving and
chrome plating. The biggest issue was birds nests.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email